Saturday, August 23, 2008

a farm wedding?

My newest find in the search for a venue is T & S Farm. It is owned by Shealy's Barbeque, which has awesome food. We were originally not going to have the wedding catered and were going to try and do it ourselves. But the rental fee is much less than the other places we looked at so we would have more money for food and this would be way easier than trying to do it ourselves. Here a couple of pictures:
Outside Inside


























Things I love about this location:
  • I love the chandeliers, although I still think I will hang paper lanterns
  • I really like the idea of having long tables instead of round ones
  • They provide tables, chairs, and linens
  • I feel like this location has a lot more personality than a banquet hall or ballroom.
  • I totally want to get married with me and my FI standing on this little bridge
  • We can keep a very casual feel to the whole event
Things that worry me about this location:
  • The closest "decent" hotels are 15 miles away
  • It is about 35 minutes from where we and all of our friends live. The only reason this bothers me is because of people having to drive home after our reception.
So far the pros outweigh the cons, but then I haven't even been to visit yet. Here's a look at some great barn weddings though:


Photo credits: (Top) Real Wedding on The Knot (Bottom) The Knot

No comments: