Saturday, August 23, 2008

begin here

There are a few things that we knew for sure when we started to plan our wedding:
  • We are going invite all of our family and friends and not leave anyone out
  • We will have an affordable wedding (Under $5,000)
  • Our friend and musician, Jim LeBlanc, will play
  • Our main color will be purple
Well that leaves a lot of things left to be determined. First is choosing a location. This is proving to be a difficult task. I have spent many hours scouring the internet for venues I did not know about in Columbia, SC. I have found lots of places that I have not known about, but most of them do not have websites (gasp) so I will be making appointments to visit most of these in the upcoming weeks. Since there is very little information about these venues online I will try to provide as much detailed information as possible.
Today, we went to go visit Gibson Commons in Lexington, SC. They actually do have a website that you can check out. It is an affordable venue at $1,500 rental rate for an entire Saturday and includes use of the outdoor patio and gazebo, the ballroom, tables and chairs, and catering kitchen. They also allow you to choose your own caterer. One thing that has impressed me is that the event coordinator responds to all of my emails very promptly. This is much more than I can say for the other venues that I have attempted to contact through email. The outdoor area is very nice, however I am not so sure if I like the setup for a ceremony there.

Now with all of that business stuff behind us, let's talk colors. I think we have decided on this color palette:

No comments: